Rebecca Ann’s Birth Story
I began having mild contractions around 10:30 Wednesday night. I didn’t think much of it at first and lay down to go to bed. The contractions continued, so I just tried to rest between, I fell asleep once or twice before the contractions became more intense. The hypnobirthing breathing and techniques were really helping. I felt good, and was excited that labor seemed to be on its way. I decided to let Jim know around midnight, but figured it would be another long labor, so told him he didn’t need to come home yet. I sent a text to Jenn (our doula) around 1 just to let her know what was going on. Jenn was at work with Jim and she asked if I wanted her to call Stacey, I said to go ahead and let her know, but that I would be ok for awhile. Probably about 30 min later I told her to try and have Stacey come over as the contractions were becoming more intense. I kept praying that Abby would stay asleep, and finally decided to have Jim come home. We couldn’t get a hold of Stacey, so we tried Bobbie with no luck either. About 2 Abby woke up during a contraction, and then I heard the garage door open. Jim was home just in time. At this point the contractions were more intense, but with the hypnobirthing I was managing well without help. Jim called his parents around 2:30 and when they arrived around 3 the contractions were really intensifying. I was not managing as well. Jim was in and out and decided it was time for Abby to leave with Grandma and Papaw. I knew labor was progressing more quickly, but still expected a long labor. The contractions were really intense and I was no longer able to manage with the breathing techniques. Jim suggested a couple of times before I agreed that we should head to Family Beginnings (the natural birth center at the hospital). Jim was really helping at this point to give pelvic pressure at my hips and to remind me to breathe and help me take deeper breaths. While driving down Riverside around 4 AM my water broke, as I announced it to Jim, I felt the car go faster. We arrived to Family Beginning before the doctor, and I was now pushing. The nurse turned the water on in the whirlpool while I continued to push in a forward squat/lean position on the bed. Dr. Wood arrived around the time the tub was ready. I began to crown right after I got in the water. I was so excited that I was going to birth my baby in the water. At 4:48 Rebecca Ann was born in the water, a very healthy girl. The nurse covered her with a blanket while she lied on my chest. We stayed in the water until the cord was done pulsating. Jim got to cut the cord and then we headed for bed. God is so awesome, everything fell perfectly in place, we had a beautiful birth. Rebecca weighed 7 pounds 10.8 oz and was 19.5 in long. As soon as I placed Rebecca on my chest I brought her close to my nipple and she began nursing and did not stop for a long time. She was born on November 26, 2009, Thanksgiving Day.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment