We had perfect racing weather. The water was a little cool, but felt great with a wetsuit. The swim wave start order was opposite of what I am used to with HFP races, this was my first Fatrabbit Race (different companies that organize the tri). So it seemed like I was fighting other swimmers the entire swim portion. The bike ride was great, it was very flat with only one hill at the end, so I was able to average almost 20 MPH. The run was not as hot this time, but we did have some portions on a trail. Due to all of the rain I ended up with wet shoes. My run is not as fast as I would like, so I hit the track this week. Despite my slow run and my crowded swim, I got 3rd place in my age group! Here are a couple of photos before the race (Abby fell asleep just before I finished, so Jim wasn't able to get any other pics).
Friday, July 4, 2008
The Race
We had perfect racing weather. The water was a little cool, but felt great with a wetsuit. The swim wave start order was opposite of what I am used to with HFP races, this was my first Fatrabbit Race (different companies that organize the tri). So it seemed like I was fighting other swimmers the entire swim portion. The bike ride was great, it was very flat with only one hill at the end, so I was able to average almost 20 MPH. The run was not as hot this time, but we did have some portions on a trail. Due to all of the rain I ended up with wet shoes. My run is not as fast as I would like, so I hit the track this week. Despite my slow run and my crowded swim, I got 3rd place in my age group! Here are a couple of photos before the race (Abby fell asleep just before I finished, so Jim wasn't able to get any other pics).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment